The answer to this question is easy… It’s all up to you. A good landscape plan is going to meet all of your needs. But here is a list to help you out.
– Foundation beds: ( planting beds with shrubbery to cover around the house) consisting of a mixture
of evergreens and blooming shrubs that will provide color at all times of the year.
– Privacy planting: This may be larger trees and shrubs at the property lines, or closer to the house for
privacy around a deck or near a window.
– Shade trees and ornamental trees for function and beauty.
– Patio and/or deck for entertaining and outdoor living space.
– Walks and steps can be planned to connect areas of high traffic, or for aesthetic reasons, such as an
inviting brick entryway or a stone walk through a garden.
– Walls for either decorative purposes or retaining purposes to accommodate a change in grade.
– Fences for privacy, aesthetics and pets.
– Gardens for cut flowers, vegetable, roses, herbs and perennials.
– Play area
– Pool / Hot tub
– Specialty features: fire pit, gazebo, fountain, water fall, focal point, sitting area, arbor, trellis,
wondering paths through woods, sculpture, birdbath, rock garden, lamppost, pillars, lighting, etc.
– Most importantly…YOUR GOAL! The ultimate vision of your outdoor living space.